Recipe by Gaia22
These are the comforting chocolate chip cookies I grew up with! My Grandmother made these all the time. I don't know where she got the recipe, it may even be a generic brand-sponsored recipe - all I know, is these are The Best Ever! Of course, these are always baked with lots of love in them! :) Also, these freeze very well should you need to prepare a batch ahead of time. Remove from freezer and defrost at room temperature on the counter.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Crisco
- 3⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon hot water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups quick oatmeal (Quick Quaker Oats)
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift flour with soda and salt, set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375-degrees F.
- Cream shortening and sugars well in a large bowl.
- Add eggs to creamed mixture and beat until fluffy.
- Add hot water and vanilla. Blend.
- Add flour mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Add nuts, oatmeal, and chocolate chips. Blend well.
- Drop by teaspoon on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375-degrees F for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove cookies from sheet and allow to cool on wire rack.
- Makes 6-8 dozen cookies, depending on how large your tsp drops really are!