Prep 10 mins
Cook 9 mins
This is a great chocolate chip cookie recipe that I got from my grandmother. They taste SO good and are so easy to make.
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml brown sugar, firmly packed
- 236.59 ml shortening
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 532.32 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 340.19 g package chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the first five ingredients.
- After creaming the first five ingredients add the last four and make sure everything is mixed together well.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls on to cookie sheets and bake for 9-10 minutes.
- For M&M cookies: Replace chocolate chips with M&M plain baking bits.
This is the recipe my mother always used when she made chocolate chip cookies (with the exception that hers called for 2 teaspoons vanilla). I used it for many, many years as well, and still very often do because everyone always seems to love them. Although I prefer baking with butter rather than shortening, the shortening seems to produce a cookie with a texture that many of us recall from our youth. Thanks so much for posting!
this is one of the very best chocolate chip cookie recipes I have ever made. I doubled the recipe, I only used two eggs because I didn't have any more I also used a mixture of margarine and butter.they are simply amazing incredibly chewy they have a wonderful texture.
Really good chocolate chip cookie recipe, It will be my new main one. Came out perfect and didn't flatten once cooled. So yummy the kids and husband love them. Thanks so much for sharing.