Recipe by undertkr
This is a great chocolate chip cookie recipe that I got from my grandmother. They taste SO good and are so easy to make.
Top Review by GaylaJ
This is the recipe my mother always used when she made chocolate chip cookies (with the exception that hers called for 2 teaspoons vanilla). I used it for many, many years as well, and still very often do because everyone always seems to love them. Although I prefer baking with butter rather than shortening, the shortening seems to produce a cookie with a texture that many of us recall from our youth. Thanks so much for posting!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) package chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the first five ingredients.
- After creaming the first five ingredients add the last four and make sure everything is mixed together well.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls on to cookie sheets and bake for 9-10 minutes.
- For M&M cookies: Replace chocolate chips with M&M plain baking bits.