Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe has been passed down to me from my Grandma. It's the best chocolate cake I've ever tasted and is great with her whipped cream icing, Grandma's Whipped Cream Icing, #71128!
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 236.59 ml oil
- 236.59 ml boiling water
- 236.59 ml buttermilk
- 709.77 ml flour
- 4.92 ml salt
- 158.51 ml cocoa
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 9.85 ml almond flavoring
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease and flour two 9" cake pans.
- Mix together sugar and egg yolks.
- Add oil and water.
- Sift together flour, cocoa, and salt.
- Add flour mixture and milk alternately to sugar mixture.
- When milk is almost gone, add soda and almond.
- Pour into pans and bake 30-35 minutes.