Recipe by Chef Teer
This is more of a sweet and sour flavored tomato relish. My wifes grandmothers recipe. This stuff is great on everything. Also it is great as a dip for chips!
- 12 lbs ripe tomatoes
- 10 onions
- 4 bell peppers
- 1 quart vinegar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon allspice
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 5 cups sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Note: To add a little spice or zest you may add some japaleno's and cajun creole spice to this.
- Boil tomato's then core,peel, and dice.
- combine diced tomato's and all ingredients in a larger boiling pot.
- Cook until onions and peppers are soft and not crunchy.
- Let it cool to room temperature then you may freeze, can, refrigerate or chill and serve.