Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This is the chili sauce my grandma used to make, then my mom, and now me. It is so good, it would be illegal not to share it.
- 10 liters tomatoes (Peeled)
- 1 1⁄2 kg brown sugar
- 2 cups onions, finely chopped
- 3 -4 green peppers, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pickling salt
- 1 liter malt vinegar (5 % acetic acid)
- 1⁄2-1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 3 ounces pickling spices
- Wash jars well, and dry in 200 oven for 10 minute.
- Put Pickling spices into cheesecloth, and make a bag, tie top well, and leave several inches of sting. Tie to handle of pot.
- In 15 liter heavy duty pot , add all ingredients, and bring to boil, then reduce to simmer.
- Simmer for 1 - 1 1/2 hours until celery is soft, stirring often. Remove spice bags.
- Ladle into Jars, put lids on and allow to seal.