Recipe by gracey427
This is a recipe that has been in our family for many years. If you love Mexican food, you'll love this! It's almost like a stew but you serve it with a side of beans, rice, and tortillas. Hint: It is best to make a day ahead because all the flavors have time to really come together!
- 6 large lean pork chops
- 1 large yellow onion (chopped)
- 1 large garlic clove (pressed)
- 1 large yellow wax chili pepper (chopped)
- 2 (7 ounce) cans green chilies (chopped)
- 1 jalapeno chile (canned, chopped)
- 1 medium tomatoes (chopped)
- salt (to taste)
- cumin (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut pork in medium size chunks. Brown in olive oil.
- When pork liquid is gone, coat with the flour and stir up with a fork (like when you are making a gravy).
- Pour the water over pork, add all ingredients (salt, cumin, and jalapenos to taste). Stir to make sure everthing is well mixed. Cook over medium heat until boiling, lower to simmer with lid on. Simmer until meat is tender, remove lid while simmering for less sauce.