Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
this is delicate and buttery tasting. All three flavours I think help empart the butter taste. This is a nice recipe for gift giving. This nice loaf freezes very well wrapped neatly in saran then foil.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 16 ounces maraschino cherries, drained
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups soft room temp. butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup whole milk
- Drain cherries well, cut in half and dry well.
- Sift flour.
- Sift in the powder and salt.
- Sprinkle a tablespoon of the flour mixture.
- over cherries to coat.
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time beating after each well.
- Add all the three extracts beat well.
- Stir in the flour mixture alternating with the room temperature milk.
- When all is smooth fold in the cherries.
- Grease and flour loaf pans.
- Each pan should hold 7 cup capacity.
- Bake at 325 degrees F. for 1 1/2 hours.
- Until tester comes away clean.
- Dont overbake.
Excellent! Yes delicate and buttery and so delicious, just what I expect from an Andypandy recipe. The flavorings so compliment making this an extraordinary cherry loaf- a loaf that will be used for coffee hours, tea and bake sales and when having friends in for coffee and dessert. Yes it's that good! Have always said there is nothing like a 'grandma recipe' and thank you for sharing one of yours.