Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
My grandmother likes this as a meal all by it's self. The rice gives it enough body to be a cool summer lunch. The oranges give it a little zing. A great way to use up roasted chicken. I admit, I like it with extra oranges and no almonds.
- 5 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups green grapes, washed and halved
- 1 1⁄2 cups celery, diced
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1 1⁄2 cups light mayonnaise
- Blend oil, juice, salt, and vinegar.
- Marinate chicken for several hours, overnight is best.
- Mix in the rice, grapes, celery, oranges, nuts, and mayo.
- Mix thoroughly and chill.