Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I can remember my grandmother making this since I was little. It is great and uses ingredients that we almost always have on hand.
- 1 cup rice (cooked in 2 cups salted water, according to directions)
- 1⁄4 cup dried chopped onion
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (8 ounce) jar Cheez Whiz
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen broccoli, cooked
- 2 cups canned chicken
- Mix all ingredients and place in 9 x 13 pan.
- Cook at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- This is a great use for leftover rice.
- Optional: Sprinkle a little Mrs. Dash on the top for added flavor.
- Try different veggies, or add things like mushrooms, etc. for a different twist.
Very Yummy and easy :) I used left over grilled chicken breast and jasmine rice. I also used peas as I don't care for cooked broccoli, came together nice and easy. I also added some garlic and onion powder and ground pepper :)
Simple and very good chicken and rice casserole. I used two pouches of Tyson chicken and we always add skim milk to a similar recipe that we make in the microwave so I added it here too. Also added some celery seed and lemon pepper than placed in the oven. A very versatile recipe that can be made to your families liking. Thank you hon for another great recipe! Made and reviewed for PIck A Chef - Spring 2009.
Very easy and yummy casserole, thanks. Threw this together for a quick dinner. Made this for ZWT4 for the Chic Chefs.