Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This soup is wonderful on a cold day or when feeling the need for comfort food. It is quick and easy to make. I adapted it slightly from a book called All American Low Fat Cooking.
- 5 cups chicken stock, with all visible fat removed or 5 cups low-fat chicken broth
- 1 large onion
- 1⁄2 cup sliced celery
- 1⁄2 cup sliced carrot
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 3 ounces no yolk noodles
- In a medium sized pot combine stock, veggies and spices except parsley.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken and cook for 8-10 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in parsley.
- While chicken is cooking, cook the noodles in a large pot as per package directions.
- Drain and add to soup.
This is the first chicken noodle soup that I have ever made. It turned out really good. I added a little more veggies than called for. I also added 2 chicken bouillon cubes for a little more flavor. Thanks for posting such a great & easy recipe!
I just made this soup for my teenage daughter (17 and vegetarian) and she loves it!!
Thank you Kate!!
We made this last night~cooked the chicken breasts whole, then removed to cut up while boiling the noodles in the broth. Easy recipe--will use again!!