Recipe by WI Cheesehead
Grandma used to make this all the time when we were kids. The egg added nutrition and looked pretty in the pot. The recipe calls for 2 chicken bouillon, but I don't use it.
Top Review by loof
This is a great and comforting chicken soup! I left out the onion as I don't care for them, otherwise made as specified. I expected to have to add a lot of salt at serving time and was pleasantly surprised that all it needed was a sprinkling of black pepper. This mild and tasty soup would be great anytime - thanks for posting the recipe! Made for My 3 Chefs November 2008
- 1892.0 ml chicken stock
- 118.29 ml onion, diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and slivered
- 1 parsnip, peeled and sliced
- 118.29 ml celery, diced
- 118.29 ml uncooked white rice
- 946.36 ml cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Add stock, onions, carrots, parsnip, celery, salt, chicken, and uncooked rice to a large soup pot; cook covered for 20 minutes on simmer.
- At the end, add beaten egg slowly to soup in a constant stream, while whisking soup slowly. This will produce a swirled egg pattern in the soup.