Prep 2 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a recipe for the chicken my grandma makes for me all the time. It became a favorite growing up, then a favorite amongst my roommates at college, and now my boyfriend and his family. Enjoy!
- 4 chicken breasts (on the bone or off, with or without skin whatever you prefer)
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- This is a simple recipe as well, very very basic.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Use an 11 by 7 baking pan, cut up the 1/2 cup butter and place in the pan.
- Place all dry ingredients into a ziploc bag or grocery bag.
- Working with one chicken breast at a time place it into the bag and shake (just like shake'n bake).
- Place chicken skin side down in pan, bake for 30 minutes, then turn chicken and bake for another 15 minutes, and that's it!
This was okay - I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts and followed the recipe exactly. My family thought it didn't have much taste. I think the oven temp of 450 is way too high (my smoke alarm went off after only 25 minutes). If I ever make it again I'll have to do something about the flavor and use half the butter and reduce the heat.
We love this recipe. Now have it at least once a week since it is so easy. Gave recipe to both daughters. My DH does not care for sage so looked up what was in poultry seasoning and used those spices minus the sage. Thanks Rockstar Lindsey.