Recipe by Grandpa & Grandma Williams
A great bar type cookie
Top Review by jauntybutterfly
Made this recipe last night for our church home group and everyone enjoyed it. I added golden raisins and it was a hit. However, my diabetic husband had half of one and this proved to be not a great dessert choice for him. I will probably have to alter the recipe more in the future to make it more diabetic friendly. I put my walnut halves and granny smith apple wedges in my Ninja on pulse for less than 10 seconds and they were perfect to spread on the batter, then sprinkled the raisins over all. Next time I'll take a picture.
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour, presifted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup chopped apple
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400. Grease 15 1/2" x 10 1/2" x 1" jelly roll pan.
- Cream butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla in mixing bowl until fluffy.
- Stir in flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add oats, mix well.
- Spread batter in pan, sprinkle with walnuts and apple bits.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Cool in pan, cut into 3 1/2" x 2" bars.