Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
My grandma cheesy potatoes accompanied every holiday meal be it beef tenderloin, lobster tail, or lamb. The best!
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (32 ounce) package frozen southern style hash brown potatoes, thawed (cubes)
- 1 (16 ounce) container nonfat sour cream
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup or 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can chicken soup
- cooking spray
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine first seven ingredients in a large bowl.
- Spoon into a 13 x 9 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake for 1 hour or til bubbly.
Really, really good! So creamy and cheesy. I loved the green onion in it. I will definitely make this more often. Thank you for such a fabulous recipe :)
What's not to love about creamy, cheesey potatoes? No potato-peeling either! I made this just as written and loved it. It's one of those recipes that everyone will enjoy. Thanx for sharing; this is a keeper!
These were so good! Super good comfort food. You can't go wrong with this recipe. Yum Yum Yum!