Prep 25 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
My grandmother used to make these! Not included in the ingredient list are the fillings of your choice, which could include jam, coconut, nuts or raisins.
- Blend butter and cheese in mixer; add flour by hand.
- Refrigerate at least two hours.
- Divide dough into four balls; roll each into a circle about 9" in diameter; cut each circle like a pizza, into 16 wedges.
- Spread with fillings; sprinkle with sugar; roll up each wedge, starting with the WIDE end.
- Place on a greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
These are simple and delicious! The pastry dough lends itself to almost any topping and is good even with sugar alone. I made half a batch and got about 15 pastries. I can't imagine making more than that - they were small as is. These were quite fragile for rolling, even with 2 hours of refrigeration and I ended up just wadding some of them up into pastry balls. Next bunch I didn't roll out so thin and they were a bit easier to roll. I tried some wiht jam, some with chocolate chips, dried fruit, coconut - all lovely. Thanks for sharing!