Recipe by Andre!
My Grandmother made this for us some 50 years ago. I have found it to be a great kid pleaser, even the fussy ones! It is affordable and simple to make. I like it better reheated for two minutes in the microwave and it freezes well.
Top Review by tednjoc
My family loved this! It was easy to make and a great way to use up some tomato juice I had. Next time I think I'll cut back the tomato juice and cheese just a bit. Thanks so much!
- 1⁄2 lb spaghetti
- 1⁄2 lb sharp to old cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (19 ounce) can tomato juice
- butter or olive oil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare spaghetti pasta according to package directions.
- While spaghetti is cooking; in a separate saucepan add butter or olive oil, chopped onion and salt.
- Cook onions until they are soft (careful not to burn your onions).
- Add the tomato juice and bring to a slight boil.
- Add the cheese and blend until the cheese is almost melted.
- Drain spaghetti and place in an oven proof dish.
- Pour the sauce over spaghetti and mix together.
- Place in a 350 F oven for about 10 - 15 minutes to allow the noodles to absorb the sauce.