Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook6 hrs 20 mins
In 'Slow Cooker: The Best Cookbook Ever' by Diane Phillips
Make and share this Grandma's Che Che Bean Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion, finely chopped (Vidalia)
- 3 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can crushed tomatoes, with their juice
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 (15 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups cooked small shell pasta (ditalini or tubetti)
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated pecorino romano cheese, for garnishing
- Heat the oil in a skillet over med-high heat.
- Add in the onion, celery, carrots, garlic, and rosemary; saute until the vegetables begin to soften and are fragrant, 3-4 minutes.
- Add in tomatoes and saute another minute to incorporate.
- Transfer the contents of the skillet to the insert of a 5- to 7-quart slow cooker; add in the broth and garbanzo beans.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours or HIGH for 3 hours.
- Remove the cover, stir in the pasta, and cook for about 20 minutes on LOW or 10 minutes on HIGH.
- Serve the soup garnished with the cheese.