Recipe by Laura Bora
This recipe goes back to when my family lived on the farm and was tight on cash. A delicious combination of just the right ingredients! YUM. Grandma is an amazing cook. Note-- For the vegetables you can substitute a bag or two of frozen vegetables. I like to use the new steam bags that you stick in the microwave!
Top Review by newtocookingm&m
This is very simple & handy! We always have all these ingredients on hand which is nice for a beginner cook that doesn't always plan ahead! My husband & our guest loved it! I also enjoyed it. Like mentioned before I used 2 cans green beans & 1 can corn perfect & We used Medium Cheddar. Thanks!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 16 ounces instant mashed potatoes
- 16 ounces of mild shredded cheese
- 11 1⁄2 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 14 ounces carrots (frozen or canned)
- 14 ounces green beans (frozen or canned)
- 14 ounces sweet corn (frozen or canned)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Brown the beef in a frying pan. While the beef is cooking, follow the directions on the instant potato box and prepare those in a separate pot. If you are using frozen vegetables, cook those now as well in a separate pot. If you use canned veggies, there is no need to cook them.
- When the beef is browned, drain any grease from the pan. Add the can of creamed soup directly to the frying pan and mix the meat and soup together. (heat should be off now.).
- On the bottom of a 13x9 baking pan smooth the beef mixture to cover the bottom. Add the vegetables on top of the beef. MAKE SURE TO DRAIN ALL LIQUIDS BEFORE ADDING TO THE DISH! On top of the vegetables smooth over the already prepared mashed potatoes. Sprinkle the cheese on the top and season with black pepper.
- Stick 'er in the oven for 20-30 minutes or until the cheese is nicely tanned.