Dine & Dish's Note:
I love French Toast, but I especially love it the way my Grandma Sumner used to make it. Delicious, flavorful and memorable (and a tad bit messy)!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt two tablespoons of butter in a skillet over medium high heat.
- 2Beat together eggs, milk and salt.
- 3Dip bread one at a time into egg mixture and fry until light brown and egg is cooked.
- 4After 4 slices of bread have been cooked, melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Cook remaining bread slices until light brown on both sides and egg is cooked.
- 5After all bread slices have been cooked and removed from pan, add brown sugar to pan and turn the heat to low.
- 6Stir until melted and sticky (watch carefully for burning). Add water and stir. Place French toast in caramel sauce. Turn to coat, then remove from pan. Serve.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grandma's Caramelized French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 285.3
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 175.4 mg
- Sodium 317.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 28.6 g
- Protein 7.1 g