This was one of my favorite treats that my grandmother used to make for me and my brother. This is the exact recipe that I just inherited from my grandmother along with many other wonderful recipes I will be posting.
- Combine butter, brown sugar, and corn syrup.
- Stir well and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Stir in condensed milk.
- Simmer, stirring constantly, until the mixture forms a soft ball in cold water (takes just a few minutes). It will be between 234-238 degrees farenheit on a candy thermometer.
- Stir in vanilla and remove from heat.
- Pour over the popped popcorn and stir well.
- Butter your hands lightly, and shape the popcorn into balls about 3 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Makes about 15 balls.