Recipe by ChipotleChick
This was one of my favorite treats that my grandmother used to make for me and my brother. This is the exact recipe that I just inherited from my grandmother along with many other wonderful recipes I will be posting.
Top Review by LilMaryB
I cannot rate these popcorn balls high enough. They are heavenly. I was looking for some that would be beyond comparison and this was the recipe. Thank you for sharing! We make these every year!
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 7 1⁄2 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 quarts popped popcorn
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine butter, brown sugar, and corn syrup.
- Stir well and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Stir in condensed milk.
- Simmer, stirring constantly, until the mixture forms a soft ball in cold water (takes just a few minutes). It will be between 234-238 degrees farenheit on a candy thermometer.
- Stir in vanilla and remove from heat.
- Pour over the popped popcorn and stir well.
- Butter your hands lightly, and shape the popcorn into balls about 3 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Makes about 15 balls.