Grandpa & Grandma Williams's Note:
Cabbage simmered in chicken broth along with tomatoes, garlic and onions. Adapted from a recipe posted by JGCASE on allrecipes.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large stockpot, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- 2Stir in onion and garlic, cook until onion is transparent, about 5 minutes.
- 3Stir in water, bouillon, salt and pepper.
- 4Bring to a boil, then stir in cabbage.
- 5Simmer until cabbage wilts, about 15 minutes.
- 6Stir in tomatoes.
- 7Return to a boil, then simmer 15 to 20 minutes, stirring often.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grandma's Cabbage Soup
Serving Size: 1 (377 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 87.9
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.2 mg
- Sodium 800.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 1.9 g