I Can't Believe It's Healthy's Note:
No fail! Very good if you have a sweet tooth... it not, make it for someone who does =] I usually use a 9x13 pan but it turns out thinner. if you want a thick bar, use an 8x8.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt first two ingredients in a pan or, preferably, a double boiler.
- 2Pour over rice crispies.
- 3Press half of rice crispie mixture into an ungreased 13x9 pan(or 8x8).
- 4Refrigerate pan until chilled and firm.
- 5Melt chocolate chips and margarine in pan or preferably double boiler.
- 6Add sugar and water to chocolate, mixing until melted and incorporated.
- 7Put dabs of chocolate mixture over the refrigerated rice crispie mixture, then carefully spread the chocolate mixture out so it covers the 1st layer.
- 8Put the remaining butterscotch rice crispies over the chocolate layer and press in so it covers the chocolate.
- 9Chill then enjoy!
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grandma's Butterscotch Chocolate Rice Crispie Squares
Serving Size: 1 (27 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 25
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 130.1
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 83.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 11.5 g
- Protein 2.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: