Recipe by I Can't Believe It's Healthy
No fail! Very good if you have a sweet tooth... it not, make it for someone who does =] I usually use a 9x13 pan but it turns out thinner. if you want a thick bar, use an 8x8.
Top Review by ddavidheiser
Made these today for a bridal shower and everyone loved them and they turned out great! My aunt has always made them, so I was glad to find a recipe on here that lived up to the legend. Delicious!! I melted my chips, etc on low heat with stirring and it worked out just fine.
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 5 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons non-hydrogenated margarine
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt first two ingredients in a pan or, preferably, a double boiler.
- Pour over rice crispies.
- Press half of rice crispie mixture into an ungreased 13x9 pan(or 8x8).
- Refrigerate pan until chilled and firm.
- Melt chocolate chips and margarine in pan or preferably double boiler.
- Add sugar and water to chocolate, mixing until melted and incorporated.
- Put dabs of chocolate mixture over the refrigerated rice crispie mixture, then carefully spread the chocolate mixture out so it covers the 1st layer.
- Put the remaining butterscotch rice crispies over the chocolate layer and press in so it covers the chocolate.
- Chill then enjoy!