Recipe by Kay14
My grandmother is the most amazing cook I know and this is one of my favorite cakes that she makes. It simply melts in your mouth. She usually cuts up some fresh berries to put on top of the cake which makes it the perfect southern dessert!
- 1 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup self rising flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups cake flour
- 2 tablespoons butternut flavoring
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream Crisco, sugar and eggs together.
- Beat on high speed for 5 minutes.
- Then add milk and flour on low speed until mixed well.
- Add butternut flavoring and bake in tube or bundt pan for 1 hour and 15 minutes at 300 degrees F.
- Frost with Butternut frosting if desired.
- See my recipes for the frosting recipe!
- May be baked in 3 layer pans also.