Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
If you have made my grandma's butternut pound cake then you need to make the frosting to drizzle on top as it completes this wonderful dessert.
- 1⁄2 cup butter (melted)
- 1 tablespoon butternut flavoring
- 1 (16 ounce) box confectioners' sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in order (butter, flavoring, sugar, cream cheese, then pecans).
- Mix well.
- Use to frost pound cake or bake cake in 3 layers and frost the butternut pound cake.
You now can actually still buy the butternut flavoring, from Superior Flavoring Company!!!! Hope this will help you !!!!! Sheila
I love this frosting. It is my all time favorite. It is the recipe that was on the Superior Butternut flavoring bottle WAY BACK! It was my Granny's recipe too. ;) It is so good! I was checking to see if it was posted here before I posted it because I just found my copy of it. I can't find "Butternut" flavoring now, but use Butter and Nut which is not quiet the same but still pretty good.