Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are the most Wonderful Pancakes. My kids love them, as did I as a child. This makes a large batch, but that may be the best part. Just put the batter in the fridge, and it will keep for 2 - 3 days. Whip them up in a moments notice for the whole family on a busy weekday morning. They will love you for it, trust me! Enjoy......
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 egg yolks
- 3 1⁄3 cups buttermilk
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (or any other flavouring)
- 6 egg whites
- Stir first 5 ingredients together.
- Beat egg yolks, buttermilk,butter and vanilla together.
- Add to the dry ingredients.
- Fold egg whites in separate bowl until stiff but not dry.
- Fold into batter.
- Heat greased frying pan or griddle on medium-high until drops of water dance around on the surface.
- Spoon 1/4 cup pancakes on griddle.
- Cook until bubbles appear on surface and edges are slightly brown.
- Flip over, and cook until lightly browned.
- Enjoy, most wonderful on late Sunday Mornings over lots of laughter and hot coffee.
Scrumptious! I've made these 5 or 6 times now and they're always delicious. The best results have been when pouring the batter with a quarter cup measuring cup as the recipe states. When I used a ladle, the pancakes got too big and didn't cook through. These are the my go-to pancakes.
These were wonderful pancakes. They had very nice flavor. Tasted like my mom used to make. They are differently worth trying. I don't think you'll be disappointed. Thanks for posting this recipe.
These were really good. It took a lot of bowls and mixing and such but it was worth it. The batch was huge so it was enough for my whole family and we had the leftovers the next morning. They were nice and fluffy which I like.