Recipe by loriebee
This is my grandmother's butter cream recipe that was passed down to me by my mother. Great for Easter, Christmas or anytime!
Top Review by tsv5358
This recipe is super easy, Very very good candy, I did add wax to chocolate, and I also added about 1 tbs. vanilla. this recipe will be used every Christmas. I also gave these out to freinds and they were a big hit. This is a great recipe and just what I have been looking for SIMPLE!!!thanks
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow cream (NOT Fluff)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs confectioners' sugar
- chocolate, for coating
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter in mixer until fluffy.
- Add marshmallow cream and cream again.
- Add sugar 1/2 cup at a time until dough isn't sticky any more (I usually mix the last cup by hand as if kneading bread dough).
- You might need more or less sugar to get the right consistency- firm and not sticky.
- Roll dough into one inch balls and place on cookie sheet that has been covered with wax paper.
- Put in refrigerator until chocolate is ready.
- Melt chocolate in top of double boiler.
- You can use bitter, semi-sweet or milk chocolate according to your own taste.
- I add a bit of wax to thin the chocolate out and make it easier for dipping.
- When chocolate is all melted, take balls out of the refrigerator.
- Dip them into the coating (I use a darning needle) and replace on cookie sheet.
- If they start getting soft, just pop the cookie sheet back into the refrigerator for a few minutes until they firm up again.
- Also, this is usually a good time to reheat the chocolate as it gets thick after a while.
- When all the balls are coated, put in the refrigerator for an hour or so until they set, then put in an airtight container for storage.
- I like to keep mine in the refrigerator so they stay firm.