These are easy cookies to make and very easy to eat! Can't go wrong with Grandma's Butter Cookies! Hope you enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large mixing bowl or electric mixer beat; butter, egg, vanilla, and sugar.
- Then add 2 1/2 cups of flour to mixture and mix until creamy.
- Roll out dough on flat surface until about 1/2 inch thick.
- Use cookie cutters of your choice to cut the dough.
- Place the dough on a greased cookie sheet, and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- After removing the cookies from the oven, let them cool.
- Frosting and sprinkles are opptional but recommended by Grandma herself!
Desperately needs a little salt.
I had everything on hand to make these. I used a cookie stamp instead of rolling this out. I thought they were rather plain tasting. I feel some icing on them would really help. This was made for Preemie Care Center during Fall 2011 PAC