Recipe by angelfan
Very moist. I never got Grannys exact recipe but this sure taste like what she used to make! I sometimes frost these but that is personal tastes.Nuts are another option you can add or not. These go great with a glass of milk.
Top Review by Laudee
Super Brownies, Angel...Very easy to mix up and bake...I did leave out the nuts, and frosted with my regular fudge icing...YUM! Thanks so much for sharing...Definitely be making these again! Laudee
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 cup cold water
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift flour, sugar and cocoa together in bowl.
- In saucepan bring water, butter and oil to a boil, let boil till butter is melted.
- Pourboiling mixture over dry ingredients in bowl and beat well.
- Add buttermilk, eggs, soda and vanilla.
- Beat till well blended.
- Bake in greased jelly roll pan for 18 min at 375.