Everyone knows that Grandma's desserts are the best. This is my Grandma Dorothy's recipe and for as long as I can remember no other has compared to it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup oleo
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2Bring oleo, cocoa, cooking oil, and water to a roiling boil.
- 3Combine flour and sugar and then add the ingredients above.
- 4Stir in eggs, buttermilk, baking soda, and vanilla.
- 5Pour into 16" or 17"x 11" or 12" pan that has at least a 1" lip.
- 6Bake at 375°F for 25 minutes.
- 8Combine oleo, cocoa, milk and bring to a boil.
- 9Add powdered sugar gradually and keep stirring.
- 10Add vanilla.
- 11Make sure everything is well mixed and pour on top of brownies.
- 12Let it stand for at least 15 to 20 minutes.
- 13Eat and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grandma's Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (1817 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 359.2
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 22.0 mg
- Sodium 186.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 42.6 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: