Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
An old family recipe passed down for generations. I'm addicted to this stuff!
- Combine brown sugar & milk in saucepan, and stir until the sugar begins to dissolve.
- Cook over medium-high heat until mixture reaches the “soft ball” stage (about 235 degrees).
- Remove from heat, and add butter & vanilla.
- Mix until smooth & creamy. Fudge will lose its shine and feel somewhat gritty on the bottom of the pot.
- Pour into buttered 9 x 13 glass pan.
- Let partially set and cut into squares.
Excellent tasting fudge! I found that the prep time was 10 to 15 minutes longer than stated, but well worth it. My family can't get enough of it. Thank you for sharing :-)
My husband went nuts with this fudge, once again claiming it to be the best. He ate so much his eyes rolled to the back of his head. Thanks so much for posting.
The whole thing curdled. The canned milk was good...followed the recipe...but failed... :(