Recipe by melijohns
I get stuck in a rut of making chocolate chip cookies. This is a unique cookie recipe from my grandmother.
Top Review by serinagardner
This came together so easily! I was amazed! My cookies are still currently cooling as we speak (the oven time was perfect! Usually I have to take them out a bit earlier than projected.) I am so excited for these cookies because I'm sure if they taste as good as they smell, it will be more than easy to keep my shelves stocked with these easy ingredients. I also agree with the reviewer below, there are so many possibilities!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- raw sugar, for dipping
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350^.
- Cream butter and brown sugar.
- Add egg, flour, and baking soda.
- Shape into small balls and place on cookie sheet.
- Using a small glass with a decorative bottom, dip bottom into a cup of water, then into raw cane sugar. Press down on cookie dough to flatten cookie.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.