Recipe by Miss Annie
Another breakfast dish you can make the night before if you wish. I like the stewed tomatoes and oregano in this dish.
Top Review by Derf
Miss Annie, this was just great!! DH says it's 5 star plus.Wonderful taste. I only had a can of regular stewed tomatoes, so I added 1/2 teaspoon each, onion salt, celery salt and red pepper flakes to them. Also only had sharp cheddar cheese, it worked very well. I have to say the presentation was beautiful!! It raised in the dish almost like souffle, taking a nice thin crust up the sides, above the dish with it. A gorgeous brown all over with a cheese crust to die for on top. I can hardly wait to make it again!! Thank-you for a real keeper!!
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 3 pieces Canadian bacon, diced (or bacon or ham)
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes (with onions, peppers, & celery)
- 5 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2⁄3 cup Bisquick
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup colby-monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare 9" quiche dish or pie plate by spraying with non-stick cooking spray.
- Layer the onions, ham, and tomatoes into pie pan.
- Mix together the eggs, milk, oregano, and Bisquick.
- Pour on top of layered mixture.
- Top with cheese.
- May be refrigerated overnight at this point.
- Bake at 350F degrees for 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°.