Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Old Fashioned Bread Pudding
- 1 loaf bread (stale)
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 6 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Break bread into casserole dish/bowl.
- Add Cinnamon to bread and mix.
- Mix eggs, sugar, vanilla and milk in cooking pot.
- Bring pot to bowl by heating on high and stirring bottom with a spatula to scrape well.
- Add half of the heated mix to the bowl of bread. Try to cover all bread,but do not mash bread.
- Bake on middle rack for 1 hour.
- With second half of mix, make pudding by heating and adding a mixture of flour and half a cup of water in a shaker, like thickening a gravy.