Recipe by vamckennas
Simple but so yummy! If you don't care for dried apricots, you could try dates.
- 78.07 ml Bourbon
- 118.29 ml unsulphered dried apricot, chopped
- 2267.96 g sweet potatoes or 2267.96 g yams
- 118.29 ml honey or 118.29 ml maple syrup
- 78.07 ml butter
- 4.92 ml vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Soak apricots in bourbon in a small bowl.
- Scrub and pierce sweet potatoes. Bake until soft, about 1 to 1-1/2 hours.
- When cool enough to handle, scoop insides of sweet potatoes into a medium bowl.
- Add honey, butter, and vanilla to potatoes and mash together, keeping some chunks.
- Stir in the drunk apricots and any bourbon sitting in the small bowl.
- Spread in a shallow 2 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, until hot in the center, about 30 minutes. Serve warm.