Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Blueberries and peaches with a hint of cinnamon - Delicious! Easy to make! Made with fresh blueberries and frozen peaches. I've made this the last several years with wonderful results. Taken from blueberry-recipe.com. Wanted to store it where I won't lose it!
- Clean and crush berries. Put in large saucepan.
- Cut peach slices into pieces and grind in food processor or food mill. Add to berries.
- Mix pectin and cinnamon into the fruit mixture and cook over high heat until mixture comes to a boil; stirring constantly.
- Add sugar all at once. Bring to a full boil and boil hard for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat. Skim and stir to remove foam. Ladle into hot jars and seal.
I can't say I completely used this recipe as I did change a few thing up. I ended up using 2 packages of liquid pectin instead of one. I also added my sugar with my fruit at the very beginning, along with 2tsp cinnamon, and 2 TBS lemon juice. I brought that to a boil and then added my TWO packages of liquid pectin, then I brought that to another boil and kept it for 1 minute. Then remove from heat skim off foam.. at the same time I skimmed off the blueberry skins because my family doesn't like them n their jam. Process as directed and yum yum yummy!!!
Made this and its absolutely wonderful, you can also add a little cinnamon and/or allspice. I would recommend 2 packets of liquid pectin because a batch of blueberry jam on the certo package takes two. Blueberries have very little pectin so takes more to get them to set up!
This would be 5 stars if the mixture had jelled. Its a ice cream topping not a jam. I fllowed the recipe to the T but not very thick at all. In fact its runny. If the chef can check the recipe and tell me where I went wrong I will change it to 5 stars,