Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are a really nice fruit scone. I always double the mix cause they are so popular in my house.
- 45 g butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup sultana
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add beaten egg and salt.
- Add sifted flour and milk alternately, mix to a soft dough, add sultanas.
- Turn on to lightly-floured surface, knead slightly.
- Roll out to 2 cm thickness, cut with round scone cutter.
- Put scones on greased oven tray, bake in hot oven (230 C) 7 to 10 minutes.
These made a very nice afternoon tea - easy to make and clean up while the cook. Was going to do half plain and half with fruit but the gremlins had been in the pantry and no fruit but served with just butter or butter, diet strawberry jam and light cream or golden syrup and light cream they were enjoyed. Thank you Kiwipom. Made for Edition 3 Make My Recipe - a game of tag.
Nice tasting scones. Previous review was correct about oven temperature. I made two batches. First batch as instructed and was burnt in 5 mins. Second batch I put the temperature at 180oC for 12 mins. Thank you Kiwipom
Lovely flavor - I would have added more fruit I thought that 230c was too hot, so cooked it 220, as my oven might be on the hot side, but I still found it cooked too quickly... I will definately make them again!