Prep 12 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is so rich and delish -- my grandma used to keep a jar in the fridge to eat with a spoon. I've made it with skim evaporated milk and Land o'Lakes 1/2 calorie butter with no ill effects (but really, what's the point? LOL!)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄3 cups evaporated milk
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- melt the chocolate chips and butter together over low heat in a saucepan.
- gradually stir in evaporated milk.
- stir in powdered sugar.
- Bring to a boil and boil 8 minutes, stirring constantly.
- remove from heat.
- stir in vanilla.
This is great hot fudge sauce. I love that it uses stuff i already usually have in my house. Last time it went sugary not sure what I did wrong. No worries I will be making it again really soon. Its a family favorite around here!! Thanks for sharing!