1/1 Photo of Grandma's Best Ever Banana Nut Bread
1 hr 10 mins
Chef Lunita's Note:
This is dark, rich and moist. It is sweet and flavorful and I am told unlike any other people have tasted. Some liken it Mimi's Cafe, but say it is better. My mother, Belen, who passed away at the age of 100 had been making this for as long as I can remember. Please follow the instructions regarding putting the vinegar in the milk in one cup and the baking soda in warm water in another before mixing it with other ingredients. It makes a difference.
My Private Note
large l ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix together 4 tablespoons milk with 1 teaspoons white vinegar in a cup.
- 2Mix together 1 ts. baking soda with 1 tablespoons warm water in a separate cup.
- 3Beat sugar and margarine until blended.
- 4Add eggs and bananas and mix.
- 5Add everything else.
- 6Prepare a large.
- 7large loaf pan by coating it with shortening,.
- 8flour and lining the bottom with waxed.
- 10Bake at 325 degrees for 1 to 1 ½ hours.
- 11Toothpick test for doneness.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grandma's Best Ever Banana Nut Bread
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 642.9
- Calories from Fat 261
- Total Fat 29.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 71.9 mg
- Sodium 477.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 91.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 60.7 g
- Protein 8.0 g