1/1 Photo of Grandma's Best Cinnamon Rolls
This is from a clipping from a magazine dated 1997 I mix the dough in the bread machine on the dough cycle. And then shape, rise and bake in the oven. The rolls are tender and I like the oatmeal. I finished them off with some icing I had left over from a spanich bar cake that I made a few days before. This is a good recipe if you are home getting ready for overnight guests, the bread machine does a lot of the work, and your guests think you spent hours making these. (the prep time doesn't include the time in the bread machine)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup quick oats
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine, cut up
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
Honey Butter Icing
- 1Directions To make dough: Measure all dough ingredients into bread machine pan in the order suggested by manufacturer.
- 2Process on dough/manual cycle.
- 3To shape and fill: When cycle is complete, remove dough to floured surface.
- 4If necessary, knead in additional flour to make dough easy to handle.
- 5Roll dough to 18 x 8 inches; brush with melted butter.
- 6Sprinkle with brown sugar, cinnamon and raisins, if desired, to within 1/2 inch of edges.
- 7Roll up tightly from long side, pinching seam to seal; cut into 9 equal pieces.
- 8Place, cut sides up, in greased 8 x 8-inch pan.
- 9Cover; let rise in warm place 45 to 60 minutes or until doubled.
- 10Bake at 350°F for 25 to 30 minutes or until done.
- 11Remove from pan; cool on wire rack.
- 12In small bowl, mix powdered sugar and softened butter with fork until blended; stir in honey until smooth.
- 13Drizzle or spread on rolls.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grandma's Best Cinnamon Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 334.4
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 51.5 mg
- Sodium 219.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 25.6 g
- Protein 5.1 g