Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 hrs
This is my grandma's beef stew recipe (the other grandmother than the coleslaw recipe), and one of the only recipes I know of that overcooking really doesn't hurt! Great with biscuits or garlic bread!
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) bag frozen green beans
- 1 (8 ounce) bag frozen corn
- 1 (8 ounce) bag frozen peas (optional)
- 1 lb carrot, chopped
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 2 -3 lbs lean stewing beef
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 9 slices white bread, cut in 1 in pieces
- 1 cup red wine (optional)
- 2 potatoes, diced (optional)
- Put everything in (large) slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- If desired, frozen veggies can be added later into the cooking time.
- Recipe can also be made in a dutch oven with a cooking time of 5 hours.