Recipe by Stephany Troi
Another recipe my grandma was famous for- a very simple soup that freezes well. Perfect for winter (or anytime, if you ask me)!
Top Review by bullwinkle
I think this was the longest I have ever cooked soup (LOL) It made a very flavorful soup with a rich beef broth. When I added the vegetables there wasn't a lot of broth so I added another can of beef broth because we like a lot of broth in our soup. Thanks Stephany Troi
- 3 lbs beef roast (you pick the type of roast)
- 1 medium onion, cut into rings
- 1 bunch celery, cleaned and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 bunch carrot, cleaned and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 head cabbage, chopped into small chunks
- 1 (12 ounce) can beef broth
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut roast into small pieces and place in crockpot.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- Add beef broth and onions.
- Turn crockpot on lowest setting for at least 24 hours.
- Add vegetables and reseason with salt and pepper to taste.
- Recover crockpot and allow to cook for at least another 6-12 hours.
- Serve hot.
- Great with salad and fresh bread.