Recipe by canarygirl
As long as I can remember, my Grandma Audrey made these meatballs on Christmas Eve. A few years back, she shared the recipe with me. These are great for any party, but at my house, Christmas Eve just wouldn't be the same without them! These can be made ahead, and just heated when ready to serve.
Top Review by KeyWee
This appetizer was a hit at my husband's all-guy party! I followed the recipe exactly (so nice that I had everything on hand, no extra trip to the store!). The combination of flavors is a winner and these were tender and delicious. So easy to do ahead - I made these early in the day and just left them in the crockpot on "warm" as suggested. Thanks, CG!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs (I like Italian flavor)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 pinch thyme
- 2 tablespoons A.1. Original Sauce (optional)
- 3 cups barbecue sauce (I use Famous Daves, or Ken Davis)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Combine all ingredients except bbq sauce in a bowl, and form into smaller sized meatballs.
- Place meatballs on a cookie sheet and bake 15-20 minutes, or until cooked through.
- (time will depend on size of meatballs).
- When cooked through, remove meatballs from cookie sheet and drain off excess grease.
- Put meatballs and barbecue sauce in a crock pot, and stir to combine.
- Keep on the"keep warm" setting.