Recipe by JCrosgrey
My Grandma makes these for me and I love them... She originally got the recipe out of a cookbook (circa 1934). They are easy to make and fall off the bone delicious!
Top Review by M. Joan
Hi, JCrosgrey! Your Grandma has a delicious and easy-to-make recipe. The only change was to cook the ribs longer in a 325Â°oven. (Just checked until fork tender). I used a heavy pot with lid. DH absolutely loved this recipe. The meat fell off the bones! Thanks for posting! M. Joan
- 2 lbs spareribs
- 1 medium onion
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup ketchup
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Put ribs into a large baking pan, cover with approximately 1 cup of water.
- Sprinkle tops with salt and pepper. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Chop onion and sauté in oil. Add remaining ingredients. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Pour sauce over the ribs and continue baking for 1 hour.
- Remove foil and cook approximately 10 minutes more.