Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is the best bread. If you want to make it as a dessert, you can add chocolate chips or carob chips last thing before pouring it into the pan.
- Mix in order given.
- Make sure to mix baking soda with butter milk and sift the baking powder with the flour.
- Bake in two greased loaf pan in 300 to 325 degree oven 1 hour. Mom also used a square cake pan because she only had one loaf pan.
- Be sure oven is not too hot as these loaves burn easily.
- Set rack in center of oven.
- For firmer loaf use 3 cups flour.