Recipe by ThatJodiGirl
This is my one of my grandmothers recipes for banana nut bread, it is easy and it is moist and delicious!
Top Review by DEE M.
I've been making the recipe for a few years and it's a big hit with every one. There are a few errors in the recipe, however. It's enough for a bundt cake pan or two regular loaf pans. It failed to say when you add the Crisco so I add it with the remaining bananas and lemon juice during step four. They also failed to tell you when to add baking soda but it goes in with all the other dry ingredients in step one of course. Very moist bread....
- 946.36 ml flour
- 19.71 ml baking powder
- 7.39 ml salt
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml Crisco (Butter Flavor)
- 4 eggs
- 473.18 ml bananas (Ripened)
- 9.85 ml lemon juice
- 354.88 ml walnuts (Chopped)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt and sugar together in a bowl.
- Add eggs, Crisco and 1 cup of the ripened, mashed bananas.
- Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add remaining bananas and lemon juice.
- Beat 2 more minutes.
- Fold in nuts.
- Pour into a loaf pan sprayed with non stick cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour or until knife comes out clean.