Recipe by Momsthecook
This recipe is modified from a recipe I found on VegWeb. I need the nutritional info so I'm putting it here. This recipe is fabulous - your omnivore family and friends will never suspect it is vegan!
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 59.14 ml sucanat
- 59.14 ml canola oil
- 59.14 ml unsweetened applesauce
- 29.58 ml ground flax seeds
- 88.74 ml water
- 3 overripe bananas, peeled
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 354.88 ml flour (I use a 1/2 cup of all purpose and 1 cup fresh ground whole wheat)
- 1.23 ml salt
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 118.29 ml chopped nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix flax seed and water together in a small bowl.
- Beat the sugar and sucanat with the oil and applesauce on medium speed of a mixer.
- Add the flax seed and water mixture. Beat a little longer.
- Add bananas. Beat until the bananas are well incorporated in the wet ingredients.
- Stop the mixer.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt and vanilla.
- Mix just until ingredients are all wet. You don't want to develop gluten and make the bread tough.
- Fold in nuts if using.
- Pour batter into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes until toothpick inserted comes out clean.