This recipe is modified from a recipe I found on VegWeb. I need the nutritional info so I'm putting it here. This recipe is fabulous - your omnivore family and friends will never suspect it is vegan!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup sucanat
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 6 tablespoons water
- 3 overripe bananas, peeled
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups flour (I use a 1/2 cup of all purpose and 1 cup fresh ground whole wheat)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Mix flax seed and water together in a small bowl.
- 3Beat the sugar and sucanat with the oil and applesauce on medium speed of a mixer.
- 4Add the flax seed and water mixture. Beat a little longer.
- 5Add bananas. Beat until the bananas are well incorporated in the wet ingredients.
- 6Stop the mixer.
- 7Add flour, baking soda, salt and vanilla.
- 8Mix just until ingredients are all wet. You don't want to develop gluten and make the bread tough.
- 9Fold in nuts if using.
- 10Pour batter into a greased loaf pan.
- 11Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grandma's Banana Bread, Vegan
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 178.5
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 185.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: