Recipe by Brooke Alicia
This is my Grandmothers recipe for macaroni and cheese. Serves about 8 comfortably, more if its served as a side dish. I had to guess at the serving size as she says "depends on how many are eating and how hungry they are". Very tasty! This is creamy, cheesy kid pleasing (and adults love it too)!
- 3 cups uncooked macaroni (cook to your liking)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3 3⁄4 cups milk
- 4 cups cheddar cheese (shredded, packed)
Directions See How It's Made
- In saucepan, melt butter.
- Remove from heat; blend in flour & salt.
- Add milk; heat, stirring constantly until sauce thickens a little and is smooth.
- Add 3 C cheese, heat until melted.
- Combine macaroni & sauce in casserole pan.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake in oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until top of casserole is golden brown.