Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A Thanksgiving favorite for generations - my kids love it so much we don't save it only for the holidays!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup crushed buttery cracker
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter.
- Add flour and stir until butter is absorbed.
- Add milk and cook, stirring constantly, until thick. Remove from heat.
- Add creamed corn and beaten eggs to cream sauce and stir until combined. Stir in half of the cracker crumbs.
- Pour into a greased 8x8 pan. Top with remaining cracker crumbs.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until set.
Really tasty side, I also added a chopped tomato and a can of corn kernels. This is a great versatile side dish.
This was very tasty! I liked the buttery flavor from the addition of the crackers. Thanks for sharing!
This recipe certainly does bring back memories of my grandma & mom! I like corn so included a can of whole kernel corn & was very pleased with the results! Certainly a recipe I'll keep on hand! [Tagged, made & reviewed for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders tag game]